The following links are to websites outside of the UC domain. No endorsement is intended of products, services or information nor is criticism implied of similar sites that are not mentioned.
- California Landscape Contractors Association - tips for hiring a landscape professional
- List of Santa Clara County Certified Arborists
- Farmers' Markets - find farmers' markets in Santa Clara County.
- Find a Green Gardener - Santa Clara Valley "Green Gardeners" are trained by master gardeners to maintain your garden using sustainable landscape maintenance practices.
- Soil Testing Laboratories (PDF) Note: there's only one lab in Santa Clara County: Soil & Plant Laboratory in San Jose.
Santa Clara County Vector Control District - Vector Control’s Mission is to detect and minimize vector-borne diseases, to abate mosquitoes, and to assist the public in resolving problems with rodents, wildlife, and insects of medical significance. A vector can be a mosquito, a rat, a flea, a tick, any animal or insect that can transmit disease or cause harm to humans. SCC Vector Control District programs and services are provided free of charge to all residents of the Santa Clara County.
- Mosquito Inspection and Control
- Free delivery of mosquito fish
- Inspection & Advice for Rats and Mice
- Insect Identification
- Wildlife Advice and Inspection [Coyote, Raccoon, Skunk, Oppossum, Rat, et. al.]
- Community Education - There is an iPhone App for requesting services.
Gardens and Parks
- Emma Prusch Farm Park - Gardens and farm animals
- Filoli Gardens - Magnificent gardens at an early 20th century country estate in San Mateo County
- Gamble Garden - Historic home and gardens in Palo Alto
- Guadalupe River Park and Gardens - San Jose's Central Park
- San Jose Heritage Rose Garden - 5000 plus varieties of roses
- Santa Clara County Parks - 26 parks for sport, hiking and gardens
Seed Catalogs List:
- Comprehensive list of Garden Clubs and Horticultural Societies updated 10/1/2015
- American Rhododendron Society - De Anza chapter
- Cactus & Succulent Society of San Jose
- California Native Plant Society - Santa Clara Valley
- California Rare Fruit Growers - Amateur fruit growing organization
- Clara B. Rees Iris Society
- Going Native Garden Tour - free annual tour
- John E. Stowell Dahlia Society
- Santa Clara County Rose Society - disease resistant roses
- Santa Clara Valley Koi and Water Garden Club
- Santa Clara Valley Orchid Society