Our mission is to extend research based knowledge and information on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives.
UCCE Master Gardener Program Core Values:
- Provide information to teach practical and usable skills, emphasizing “learn-by-doing” methods
- Guide learning and respect others’ viewpoints and abilities
- Encourage improved environmental quality and sustainable gardening practices
- Maintain neutral and unbiased attitudes toward specific commercial products, services and support groups
- Teach new skills, validate achievement, and encourage extending this information to family, friends, and neighbors
- Refrain from soliciting or performing contract services for personal gain while representing UCCE