Sunnyvale Teaching & Demo Garden events
Sat, 08/20/2016 - 1:00pm to 3:00pm
Sat, 09/10/2016 - 1:00pm to 3:00pm
Our garden is located in the southeast corner of Sunnyvale’s Charles Street Community Garden at 433 Charles Street near Olive [Google maps directions]. You can visit us every Tuesday morning from 9:30 to 11:30, or at any of our monthly talks.
The garden was built in the spring of 2006. It showcases vegetables and ornamentals growing in raised beds, in-ground beds and containers.
We are focused on teaching and demonstrating:
- organic and sustainable methods of gardening
- no dig, low till soil cultivation
- water-wise irrigation techniques
- crop protection from critters
- cover crops for soil enrichment
- beneficial insects in managing pests
- California native plants
- beautiful garden design
You can learn more about what we’re growing by reading the interpretive signs located at each bed. Look for more in-depth information on our bulletin board on the kiosk near the parking lot gate.
Bring your gardening questions on your next visit.