The University of California provides many useful resources for home gardeners.
- The California Garden Web serves as a portal to organize and extend the University of California's vast collection of research-based information about gardening to the public.
- Home Vegetable Gardening - On growing and harvesting vegetables
- Backyard Orchard - Gardening calendars, home orchard prep & maintenance, much more
- Lawn Guide - Managing lawns at home as well as in parks, sport fields, school grounds.
- UC IPM - Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Programdescribes least toxic options for managing garden pests
- UC Pest Notes - Free printable information about specific pests and pest management
- Toxic/Poisonous Plant List from UC - Information on Toxic and poisonous plants
- Urban IPM - Highlights the activities and projects of Dr. Andrew Sutherland, the Urban Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Advisor for the San Francisco Bay Area
- Master Gardener recommended UC ANR publications.
- UC Press - Publisher of books and journals for academic and general readers in all fields of inquiry
- UCTV on Gardening - Free online gardening lectures
- California Master Gardener Program - Information about Master Gardener programs throughout the state of California
- UC Cooperative Extension, Santa Clara County programs including Master Gardeners, 4-H, Nutrition Family Consumer Sciences, Specialty and Small Farms, Natural Resources, and Agriculture.